We are making delicious Ice Cream with a fully ripened Pineapple. You can also make watermelon or peach ice cream using the same procedure.
Pineapple Ice Cream in a Food Processor
* The ingredients contain Amazon affiliate links.
Let’s prepare the pineapple for the ice cream. First, cut off the top of the pineapple, removing the crown.
Cut a thin slice about 5 mm (0.2") thick to use as a garnish.
Cut it in half, stack the pieces and cut them into small triangular pieces.
Today, we will be using this pineapple cutter. In the center of the pineapple, stick this pointed nail deep into the core and remove the hard, outer skin using this blade.
Place the pointed nail into the core, adjust the outer blade to the skin and press the cutter into the pineapple. Turn the cutter clockwise and make a shallow circular cut.
Cut a pineapple slice about 1.5 cm (0.6") thick and remove the core and the skin.
Repeat the process and cut out the rest of the pineapple rings.
Stack three pineapple rings on top of each other and cut the rings into 8 equal pieces.
Place the pineapple pieces into a freezer bag and freeze them completely.
Let’s make the ice cream. Place the frozen pineapple into a food processor.
Add the sugar, lemon juice and whipping cream and cover with a lid.
Pulse several times, crushing the pineapple pieces. Now, turn on the processor.
When the mixture is blended, turn it off and remove the lid. Scrape off the ice cream from the side of the work bowl and gather it to the center. This will help reduce the lumps in the ice cream.
Turn on the processor again and blend until it is completely smooth. Scoop the ice cream with an ice cream scoop and place into a chilled dessert bowl.
Garnish with the pineapple slice and now, it’s done.
You can also make the watermelon and peach ice cream with the same procedure.
- Chill the work bowl of your food processor and the dessert bowl thoroughly in the refrigerator before making the ice cream.
- Adding the lemon juice to the whipping cream will bring out the flavor of the ice cream.
- For those who are concerned about calories, substitute yogurt for whipping cream. This will make it a little more healthy and refreshing as well.
- Store seasonal fruits in the freezer so that you can enjoy the ice cream all year round.